Friday, March 15, 2013

Color Dare Goldrush, Olive, and Sweet Leaf

Do you ever purchase a stamp set with only a vague notion of what you are going to do with it?  Or maybe no idea at all, you just really like it and are sure something will come to mind once you have it in your hot little hands?  Well, after purchasing Adventure USA, I went searching for ideas and saw this post.  It was the perfect inspiration for using a new set and this week's Color My Heart dare colors: Goldrush, Olive, and Sweet Leaf.


I used old B&T papers in the Goldrush, cut them to create the sun rays, and then sponged them with more Goldrush ink to mute the white parts.  The grass is Sweet Leaf cardstock sanded to expose a bit of the white core and sponged with more Goldrush.  The patterns were stamped with Olive ink using In the Background.  The sun was cut with Goldrush cardstock and then dabbed with stickles glitter get.  I didn't want it too heavy, so I smeared it with my finger to spread it around.

The car and camper were stamped in my new favorite color, Saddle.  Because it was going over patterned paper, I used pigment ink to achieve a denser coverage.  I used a white gel pen to highlight the windows and camper door.

This is a 5x7 card because there wasn't enough white space around the central image on a 5.5x4.25 card.  I don't know why I'm reluctant to go up to the 5x7 size more often.  It's not like it costs more to mail.

Because of the green, I'm entering this in the Heart2Heart: Go Green challenge.  I think this is my fourth entry for this week.  (Hey...I got a huge order on Monday and have been playing pretty much non-stop every since.)

Anyway, I'm finding more and more ideas with this stamp set, so don't be surprised if you see it in the future.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Becca, this is simply superb! I think its the pattern-play aspect that is so appealing, with the arRAY of gold papers and the stamped landscape. Plus that little travel icon is the cutest... I agree with you about the potential of the 5x7 card. That could make an good challenge, all on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, did I tell you how much I LOVE this card? It is so adorable! I love everything about it - the way it's framed, the sparkling sun, the patterned rays, the rolling hills, and the cute little camper. ADORABLE! I just want to eat it up! :) Maybe I'll have the guts to case it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you know that I am in love with your card--the hills are soooo amazing! I am really going to have to use that idea! The rays and camper are just perfect to pull it all together into a stunning card scene! Love it, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card! I would love to be on the receiving end of this card. Fantastic job. Extremely creative and great use of white space which is hard for me when I make cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!