Thursday, March 7, 2013

Color Dare Blues

Color My Heart this week is challenging us to use two different paper packets.  I thought this was going to be easy.  Ummm...nope.  I had a terrible time with this, and I'm not even sure I like the end result.


I used Stella (retired) and Avonlea (current).  Now that I look at it in a picture, I'm thinking part of the problem would be solved if I used the Avonlea Teal as the blue banner.  What I love is the pop of red.  Stamps used were Pirouette, Universal Background, and Friendship (sentiment, retired).  Accessories were the velvet rub ons, red glitter gel, and clear embossing powder.

(Update:  I found a scrap of Avonlea Teal.  It was about three inches long, so I cut it to squeeze under the circle.  Better?)



Now, in case you don't like these, maybe you'll like this next one instead...


Of course, since it's the second picture, blogger won't let me enlarge it.  The teal strip is Avonlea again, the rest of it is an old, old pack the name of which I can't remember.  What I do remember is Orchid Bouquet.  I like it even better than the pop of red on the first card, but the paper is so old, some of you weren't even born when it retired.  The stamp set is Pair-A-Phrase (retired). 

Well, that's it.  I'm not thrilled but I'm out of time.

Until next time,
Becca


3 comments:

  1. I love both of your cards! You did a great job of pairing different paper packs.

    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, amazing Partial use of the pirouette stamp...totally lifting that someday! Yes, I like the added pattern and color that the additional banner brings to the card...definitely! I also adore how you followed the shape of the cut with the sentiment on the second card...excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card! I like all the details you put on the card with stamping and glitter. Great quote that I often use on my cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!