Thursday, January 9, 2014

See "Frosted" Differently

Today I want to show you how to stretch your Frosted Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit.  If you are like me, you end up making a few scrapbook pages, and then you have bits and pieces of leftovers that hang out for the next ten years.  Not to mention an adorable stamp set that rarely sees the light of day.  Why not put them to work?  Here are a couple cards that take you to Valentines and beyond.


For the "Love, love, love You" card, I took the long banner that says "You melt my Heart" and inked only the end with the "You" on it, stamped it on white cardstock, mounted it on my card, and trimmed off the excess.  The hearts were inked in Cranberry Pigment Ink (from the Adventure set), stamped across the ric-rack border before stamping onto white cardstock, then embossed in clear.  The black border down the left side is also the long banner (same one with the "You" on it).  I simply inked one edge and stamped it on the B&T paper.  In order to get the line straight, I drew a light pencil line about 1/4" from the edge of the B&T paper.  I had to give the Black Ink time to dry, but I was able to erase the line without smudging the ink after about fifteen minutes.
 
For the second card, I used my Cricut Artiste cartridge and cut the button from page 46 at 1" in the
center of a 4x4 piece of white cardstock.  (Yeah, so I used it as a circle, but the leftover piece is a button so you might be seeing that later.)  I then trimmed it down to 3.5x3.5.  You might be better at centering things than I am, but I have to use this method.  I stamped the wreath in Black Ink

I foam mounted the 3.5x3.5 white cardstock over top of a 3.75x3.75 piece of black cardstock that had been glued to a 4.25x4.25 card base.

The bow is also from Artiste (p. 55, cut at 3/4").  The cut has small holes to line up so you can insert a brad as shown.  I used a corduroy one that has been in my stash for...hmmm.  It's a perfect example of leftovers that can be used to finish off a card or page as long as you are willing to think outside the box.  I slid the bow down until the back prongs of the brad caught along the bottom edge of the circle then used a bit of Liquid Glass to make sure it stayed secure.

Once you start seeing your stamps and paper as more than just a winter theme scrapbooking kit, you can come up with plenty of ways to use both the paper and stamps. 

Until next time,
Becca


2 comments:

  1. OK, what/who is DrPhilScraps? Enquiring minds (and just plain snoops) want to know. Thank-you. He/she IS most creative...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a consultant. I'm on his design team right now. He sends me stuff, I make stuff, he posts that stuff on his blog, I post the same stuff on mine, and (hopefully) people buy stuff as a result. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!