Thursday, January 16, 2014

Through the Years

I'm featuring the Frosted Scrapbook Workshop on the Go again, this time with an eclectic layout.  My original intention was to show you how this paper would work for a baby boy theme page.  (With the Blush paper that is part of the pack, it would also work for a baby girl page.)  But as I was looking through old photographs, I found a whole bunch of single photographs which would never make a full layout on their own...so I put them all together.



The neutral Champagne and Frosted Turquoise allow the photographs to take center stage.  That blue is so subtle, it doesn't fight with my very colorful photographs.  Because the Frosted kit doesn't come with two pieces of Champagne, I did have to pull one piece from the cardstock sold separately. I tried this layout with the Colonial White as my background (because you do get two of those pieces in the kit), but it just wasn't working.

Since the pictures were such a jumble, I  accentuated the randomness by making my photographs and accent images off-kilter and layered one on top of another.  The only plan was to put the "baby" photographs on the left side and the "older" photographs on the right side.  (My son is twenty-seven, so "older" is a relative measurement.)  Once the page was done, though, I noticed that I had circular shapes running across the top and in the camera image on the far right.  I took a leftover piece of the overlay in the title and put it down in the left corner.  That gave me a triangle of circular accents to balance the overall layout.

I used Cricut Craft Room to size the various elements from the Artbooking cartridge (pages 40, 43 and 79).  I cut the title from Colonial White cardstock using the Artbooking alphabet.  The banner I cut by hand and layered it with more of the Frosted Turquoise arrows.  The words were stamped with Twilight ink using the Wheel of Life stamp set.

This was my first time using the Artbooking cartridge for a scrapbooking page.  Have to say I loved how easy it was to pull the various elements together.  It's not my normal style of page.  I'm usually much more--shall we be  kind and say--orderly.  It often works against me as I get too worried about the background.  Sometimes a "git 'er done" page works!

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!