Thursday, June 5, 2014

Scraps and Feathers

Happy Thursday, everyone!  It's Becca with my second round of projects using Timberline for DrPhilScraps.com.  Only this time, instead of focusing on the stamps that come in the Workshop on the Go, I'll be using a couple of coordinating stamps.  This week, I pulled out Feathers.  If you haven't noticed, it's one of the hot trends in crafting now.

The background behind the feathers was done by using panel similar to the one on this card.  I sponged Lagoon ink through it and stamped my feather in Chocolate ink over top using a mask to stamp the left feather behind the right one.  The background behind the top panel is layers of Timberline paper placed about.  I'd like to take credit for coming up with this idea, but I must give credit where due.  The idea came from this card.

The scallop edge on the left side was rescued from a total mistake.  I was trying to make a mini photo album and ended up cutting the paper way too small. But this is why you save scraps and mistakes.  You never know when they will come in handy!

The only fussing I did was with the Lagoon Washi Tape.  It is normally the same width as the Chocolate Woodgrain Washi, so I trimmed it with scissors to vary the width create variation.

Is it just me, or did that funky feather become classy on this card?

Until next time,
Becca
 Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!