Monday, August 11, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2, Day 7

Sometimes I forget the sheer joy of stamping.  I get so caught up in die cuts, ribbons, patterned paper, and coloring that the power of a single stamp gets lost.  Today's lesson at Stretch Your Stamps 2 was about taking bold shapes and creating a whole card from them.


I used Doodle Signs from CTMH.   My original idea was to use the back side of the stamp to get a solid shape then stamp over top with the sketchy shape, but it just wasn't working.  My garbage can has some...hmmm...interesting panels of paper where I tried a little of this, a little of that, and mostly made a big mess.

I'm entering this in Color Throwdown.  I substituted CTMH ink colors in Lagoon, Whisper, and Holiday Red.  (FYI, both the stamp set and the Holiday Red ink are retired.) 

The "hello" die cuts were done with my Cricut.  I think it came with the free trial from purchasing an Explore.  All I know is I cut a ton of them which usually means I liked it, didn't want to pay for it, and cut out a bunch for use after the free trial period was over.  (Yeah...I'm cheap like that.  It's why you see me using stamps and supplies that retired eons ago.)  I colored one with Lagoon ink and layered a white one on top.  After affixing them to my card, I covered the white one with Liquid Glass to make it shine.

I used Copic markers to color white pearls.

After getting the whole thing done, the usual white on white panel mounting wasn't doing it for me, so I cut some Holiday Red cardstock to create a frame.

Well, I may be cheap, but when you end up with a fun, quick (if you don't count the trials) card, how can you blame me?

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome... great CAS design! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! The red really sets it off nicely!
    MarjR

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great CAS card! Love the design and the placement of the bling! So glad you could play along with us at the CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this with hexagons ... great colors too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!