Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Writer's World Wednesday - The Author Speaks

One of the great things about being a published author is that it opens doors.  Last Friday, I spoke at the Catholic Women of the Chapel meeting.  It was a delightful time with some lovely ladies.

Rather than speaking on the spiritual theme of "Waiting on a Promise" (The Homestead Brides Collection, Barbour Publishing), I decided to share something that's been on my heart for a while.  My title was: Be Where You Are.

We talked about blooming where you are planted and actively pursuing contentment in whatever phase of life you're in, but then I carried it one step further...to BEING who God desires you to be in whatever you do.  So many are wrapped up in doing, doing, doing, that they forget God called very few people to actually do anything.  However, He has called all of us to BE:
  • Loving
  • Kind
  • Patient
  • Longsuffering
  • Content
  • Humble
  • Persistent
  • Gentle
and the list goes on...

God's purpose in creating mankind was that they, male and female, bear His image on the earth.  Genesis 1:27, "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." 

Did you know that, in Hebrew, the word translated "in" can also be translated "as"?  That means we were not only created in God's image but as His image.  That changes things for me.  I was created to be the perfect reflection of God, to represent Him by acting the way He would act or saying what He would say.  As I pursue a character consistent with His, I will be DOING the will of God.

I gave each of the ladies a bookmark with the saying, "Aspire to BE" stamped on it as a reminder of our time together.  What a privilege to share the lessons I'm learning with others and hear that it touched their hearts.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!