Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Writer's World Wednesday - I can't hear for the screaming

Yesterday was a great writing day.  After a trip to CO to visit a couple members of my critiquing group and a particularly productive Monday with my writing partner, I finally busted the writing jam and got some real work done on Cowboy Competition.

Today, I can't hear the voices in my head over the screaming in my thighs.  Let me explain.

One of my goals this year has be to take off the pounds I put on when I moved to Oklahoma, as well as drop those I've put on over the past twenty years.  It's a lot.  Thank goodness for a good friend who took 60lbs. off a couple years ago and has provided both the inspiration and motivation for me to start working out and eating right.  I've lost close to 25lbs. so far.

Yay!

However, my friend has put a few pounds back on, so she decided to shake up our morning workouts.  We did an arm workout yesterday.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to type.  So, between not having spaghetti arms and getting some real work done on my story, yesterday was a great success.

Today we did legs.  We lunged, squatted, balanced, kicked, and jogged in place.  I was sore before I left the gym.  It's gotten worse since then.  I can hardly get out of a chair without gripping something to pull myself up.

Poor Nia and Toby.  They just found their voice again only to be drowned out by thigh muscles.  Life is tough as a fictional character.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting healthy again. Been doing that myself and have lost 25 lbs over the 2 years! Stretching might help loosen you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on breaking the log jam in your writing and on working out. It is hard to get back in shape. I'll be praying foor your success as you tame those unwilling muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! Congrats on your wellness success - it is totally worth it!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!