Tuesday, May 12, 2015

"Hello" for a Goodbye

My husband's commander and his wife are what's called "dual military." Basically, it means both of them are in the army.  He got here in June of last year; she didn't come until October.  She just got a new position which requires her to deploy soon; he will stay here to finish out his command.

Yep...that's how "dual military" folks roll.

I wanted to say good-bye to her with a set of cards she can use to say hello to folks back home.  I (mostly) used the this week's CAS(E) this Sketch for this:


All supplies are CTMH except where noted
  • Stamps: Shower Flowers, Happy Mail, Artfully Sent
  • Ink: Buttercup, Sorbet, Pixie, Garden Green, Topiary, Gypsy
  • Accessories: Glitter Glue (Studio G), Copic B000
  • Tools: Foam Tape, Micro-tip Scissors, Paint Brush, Spray Mister
  • Paper: I'm gonna let you CTMH folks guess on that one (but I'll tell you in a minute)
I stamped the two large flowers in Buttercup and Pixie, rolled the edges in Sorbet, and spritzed them with water to mix the two before stamping them.  I didn't bother doing the spritzing with the leaves.

Are you ready for that paper?  It's the packaging that comes in the stamp sets!  Because, if you follow me at all, you know I'm a paper hog.

My plan was to put the banner up with the flowers to more closely follow the sketch, but it just didn't go.  So...that's how I roll.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Becca--beautiful watercoloring! I'm wondering if you meant to link up to CAS(E) this Sketch 123 instead of 122?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!