Saturday, July 11, 2015

Worth Celebrating

More crafting from the hotel room today because I can't find the batch of cards and envelopes I made before leaving Oklahoma.  Yep... I left at least a dozen cards somewhere between Seattle and Fairbanks.  With envelops. Stamped and addressed.  **Bops head**

But life goes on, people still have birthdays, so time to pull up the big girl panties and get to work.  I combined the sketch from Mojo Monday and the color challenge from Color My Heart.


Because I'm limited on my supplies, I had to get creative.  (All supplies are CTMH.)  I only brought my pigment inks because they are small. To get the two-tone flower and leaves (Sunflower Garden, retired), I applied the ink lightly on the bottom layer and thicker for the top layer.  I customized the background paper by swiping Sweet Leaf ink over top of a Chantilly B&T paper (retired).  I had to be patient for about five minutes to let it dry before handling.  The woodgrain background was stamped using the Pathfinding Workshop on the Go stamp set.  I wanted a little more color, so I pounced my Slate pigment ink over the top.  I also sponged the edges of both the woodgrain and sentiment panels in Slate.

I'm quite proud of my stacked Slate Striped Ribbon embellishment.  Normally, I would have used paper or a wide ribbon for this.  I laid down a layer of Liquid Glass, smeared it with my finger, and then adhered pre-cut ribbon.  I might do this again even when I have all my supplies.

The sentiments are from the Blossom Cardmaking Workshop on the Go.  Because the pigment inks are so small, I was able to ink the YOU in Sunset then the rest in Slate and stamp once.  I added the line of Sweet Leaf dots at the end because it felt like the sentiment was too high. 

Sorry the color isn't better on this, but limited supplies also means no fancy-scmancy light box for better photography.

Very pleased with how this turned out!  Hope the recipient feels like it was worth the very long wait.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the flower, the woodgrain background and the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Love that flower. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love how you have the sentiment piece of paper coming out of the angled paper. The background paper adds great texture as well. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Becca I love the card layout and the gorgeous Sunset flower. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at the Color Dare.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to highlight a thoughtful message on a beautiful layout! Thanks for joining the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!