Thursday, February 18, 2016

Special Birthday Card

My mother is turning 80 next month, so I wanted to make her an extra special birthday card.  I pulled out an old, wood-mounted stamp from CTMH called Paris Floral because it's one of my all-time favorites.  Old and a favorite. Sounded like a good combo for Mom.


I recently took a water coloring class and learned this nifty trick...use lots of water. I know, right?  I also learned not to stress when colors bleed into one another.  For this perfectionistic soul, that's tough.

I'm entering it in the following challenges:
My favorite part of this card is the sewing.  Mom used to teach Home-Ec, so it felt like I was personalizing it just for her.  Now...shhh, don't tell her that I plan to hand-deliver it.  I'll be flying in for the surprise celebration then head out to help my son for about a month so that, when I turn 80, he has as many fond memories of me as I have of my mom.

Until next time,
Becca

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I am sure your Mum (Mom looks strange to me as an Aussie) will love it. I will have to give some of the techniques on this card a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca beautiful card for your Mom, have birthday to her. Lovely watercolouring. Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Your mom is sure to love it ! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The watercolouring on this card is fabulous! I saw on FB that you said you embossed in clear, ironed the card and the powder mostly came off - will have to try that! This is simply spectacular. I know your mom will love it. (You should print a copy of this post to take for her as well so she can read your beautiful words.) Congratulations on another fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous water colouring. It does feel good to let the 'control' go for a change! So lovely you added the stitiching for your Mum, perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning watercolouring and a fabulous result. Great blooms and thanks for sharing at ATCAS this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this water colored card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful water coloring. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are gorgeous and the blue background really highlights their beauty. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful watercoloring. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully watercoloured - love how the blue background really makes the flowers pop! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty watercolour card! I'm sure your mum will love it. Love the gorgeous colours against the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely flowers, beautiful watercoloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the watercolor on the card and the background to make those flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Extra special indeed! This is stunning!! Your coloring is really lovely. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow this is just lovely! Your colouring is just gorgeous and so striking. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, your watercolouring is wonderful. love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is going to love this gorgeous creation!!! Thanks for sharing it with us here at the Card Concept!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!