Monday, July 31, 2017

Celebrating Friendship with Heart2Heart

One of the great things about the army life is that you make lots of friends who then scatter in lots of different directions. It makes the country feel smaller when you have a friend in every corner. Keeping up with them all takes some effort, so I love that Heart2Heart chose "Friendship" as the theme for this week's challenge. I decided to use some old, some current, and some really old CTMH products for this card:


Another great thing about the army life is that it forces me to look through every stamp and paper pack I own every few years as it gets boxed up on one end and unloaded on the other. I get a refresher on why I loved the products enough to purchase them in the first place, which encourages me to pull them out and use them again. The teacup is a fairly recent product - a Stamp of the Month in March 2017. The tag and steam stamps are wood-mounted, so I think that means they are around fifteen years old. The paper is Ariana from the Spring/Summer 2014 catalog. The sentiments are both current and come from two different sets: "Sweet" is from the Artbooking companion stamps, and "memories" comes from "Finding the Words" (the whole stamp says "the memories" so I masked off the first word).

I stamped the tea cup three times: once on the vellum tag, once on the floral pattern side of the paper, and once on the green background. I did a lot of fussy cutting then glued the separate pieces to the vellum. After coloring the back side of the vellum to get the blue inner rim, I also added some shading with grey markers. The strings are Flaxen Thick Twine held in place by Liquid Glass.

I stamped everything in Outdoor Denim so, to create my double line border on the background matte of Ariana, I simply hand drew the lines with a blue ball-point pen.

The inside of the card says, "Good times are even better when shared," and comes from the same Tea-riffic stamp set as the teacup.

Off to bury myself in the writing office. Big, humongous, fiery deadline breathing down my neck.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. That flower paper is still one of my favorites. And your teacup looks great paper pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becca! This is so inspiring, I want to run to my studio and make a "copy" of this card immediately! What a WOWIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used Ariana on this card...very pretty! By the way, I read Come Fly With Me the other day...nice little read. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. Like how you used old and new products.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!